Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Howdy!

So Thanksgiving is coming up! I wish you all a happy Thanksgiving! They don't have a similar holiday here, so it'll be a normal day for us. It'll be weird to be walking around on Thanksgiving, realizing that there isn't Turkey waiting for us in the oven. Maybe we'll think of something we can do to celebrate Thanksgiving this Thursday.

With the transfers, it was a very quiet one. I'm with Elder Loureiro until at least the end of the year! It's a good thing :) We're working well together, teaching well together, so I'm excited. We'll have been companions for 6 months at the end of the year. I keep saying end of the year, but it's hard for me to realize that the year is ending, because it's so dang hot here! The end of the year is supposed to be cold! That's okay though, I can accept it!

There was a man the other day that stopped us and asked for a Book of Mormon! We marked another day to present the Book of Mormon to him and the lesson went really well. Elder Loureiro did an excellent job. He felt like he should mention one of the roles of the Book of Mormon as a means to... I can't think of a better word than correct, but I'll use it, correct the doctrines that have been lost in the Bible due to the various translations it has gone through. Odilon, the man we met, had actually been thinking about that exact same thing. He said he's felt an emptiness inside that he hasn't been able to fill. I know that the Book of Mormon will be able to fill that emptiness with the fulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Whenever we talk to investigators about the Bible and how unfortunately it has lost plain and precious truths, we have to treat it very carefully. If we don't, we make it seem as if the Bible is not really important to us. However, the Bible is precious to me. The Bible relates the live and works of my Saviour Jesus Christ. m Something that I'm so grateful for. Something that the Book of Mormon doesn't do. The Book of Mormon talks about the Atonement of Jesus Christ on a more doctrinal level, something that the Bible doesn't do. They complete each other, they don't take anything away from each other away. The clarify each other.

The Book of Mormon however, is so very important, because it acts as a proof that Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God. That the Church that Christ established in his day was lost, but once again restored through Joseph Smith. The Book of Mormon testifies of Jesus Christ as the Redeemer of the World. I have come to know Christ because of this book, and it has come through reading it and praying to know if it is true. And by the power of the Holy Ghost, I have received a witness and confirmation that this is the Restored Gospel. Families can literally live together forever because the Authority of God was restored once again on the Earth. Nothing is more important than an Eternal Family to me right now in my life. I would invite anyone who is reading this who would like to know if these things are true to read the Book of Mormon, ponder about the plain and simple truths vound therein, and pray to our Heavenly Father to know if it is true. I know that if you do this, you will receive an answer. I am evidence of this fact.

I love you all, and I hope this week is particularly special to you all during this time of thanksgiving!

Elder Rackham

No comments:

Post a Comment