Saturday, December 4, 2010

Whoa There!

So it was an interesting day today! We got a call from President Dias. I picked up and we talked really quick, and he asked me to pass the phone to Elder Loureiro. I didn't think anything of it, so I passed it on to him. They're talking really quick and I hear Elder Loureiro say, "My companion is Elder Smith?" It turns out we had a transfer this morning! Elder Loureiro and I thought for sure that we were going to be together until the end of the year, so instead of being together for 6 months, it was only 5! Still a long time!

I'm still here in Horto Florestal. My new companion is Elder Peixoto! It's going to be weird not having Elder Loureiro as my companion, but it'll be nice to get to know another person and work with him. It was just so sudden that I'm a little blindsided that it's happening, haha. So next week I'll let you know how it goes. Today we're just going to clean the house, organize everything, and this afternoon Elder Loureiro will be with his new companion. Elder Peixoto will get here tomorrow morning.

President Dias has been trying to teach us a principle that we should work independently from the transfer. That we should just forget about them and work. He's been saying that a transfer can happen at any moment, it's not a set every 6 weeks kinda thing. Many missionaries think that these are emergency transfers, making it sound like something bad happened. That's not the case. It's just that a transfer happened. It's something I'm trying to apply to my mission. Forget about the things that don't matter to the work, and just go at it.

Anyway, I gotta run! I hope you all have a wonderful week!

Love,
Elder Rackham

No comments:

Post a Comment