Wednesday, December 15, 2010

It's Looking Like a White Christmas!

Actually, it's not white, but it's looking more like Christmas here! Last week we set up the Christmas tree in our apartment. It was great fun! I really enjoyed it and of course I took a ton of pictures! We even bought lights and wrapped the christmas tree in them, so it looks like a pretty darn awesome christmas tree now! Then we swapped names for gift giving. All in all I'm excited for my first christmas in the mission field! I still have to figure out what's going on with Christmas. I'm not sure how we are going to celebrate it, and how it's going to work. We'll see.

We had a few good experiences with Odilon this past week. He's the one that asked us for the Book of Mormon and he's progressing pretty well! This week he went Stake Conference with us, his first time at church. It wasn't the best first visit, just because it was a broadcast from São Paulo so it was more focused on the members and the needs of the stakes. President Uchtdorf spoke and I really enjoyed it. Odilon did as well. They talked quite a bit about temples, so it was a great opener to discuss the temple with him. We've wanted to teach him about eternal marriage so we gave him a few scriptures to read, explained just a bit to prepare for our visit where we'll teach about it.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to next week! Until then!

Love,
Elder Rackham

No comments:

Post a Comment