Monday, December 27, 2010

Merry Christmas!

I hope everyone had a merry christmas! It was wonderful here! We had a great time exchanging a few small gifts. It was anything big, but we had a lot of fun and built some great friendships. It's interesting how Christmas works here in Brazil. The big day for Christmas is the 24th. At midnight on the 24th, everyone opens up the gifts and it's a big meal. The 25th isn't the bigger day. It felt a little different but it was good.

The mission tour was wonderful. He was very specific and the things he said were just minding-blowing. My mind was opened so much to the immensity of this work. He focused a lot on "Behold this is my work and my glory, to bring to pass the imortality and eternal life of man" and helping us realize just how important this work is. It reminded me how finite my mind is. It reminded me that I have a loving Heavenly Father. My eternal perspective ws widened. My desire to abandon the things that will not bring me back to live with my Heavenly Father was strengthened. I'm not sure why I hadn't thought about it this way before, I could have avoided quite a few things if I had realized the purpose of this life. I now have a guide to measure my actions against. Will this help me to return and live in God's presence? Or will this take me away from this. My desire to have an eternal family has deepened beyond anything I could have imagined. I will do everything I can to have one. I want to hold my own child, look at him or her and have that surety that the family relations I have here on the earth will be able to continue on beyond the grave. My future marriage and family will not be abolished with death. I don't really know how to explain how I'm feeling, but just know that I know that families can be forever together. I know this, deep within my soul I know this. I rings true inside of me. My spirit yearns for this. It seeks to be reunited once again with my God that created me and taught me before this life. That is the true nature of my spirit.

Needless to say, it was a great experience that I will always treasure.

I love you all!
Elder Rackham

No comments:

Post a Comment