Monday, November 15, 2010

Another Holiday!

So today is another holiday here in Brazil. They've had a lot of holidays as of late. It's something that can be slightly annoying especially when the holiday happens to be on your P-Day. They close everything down. Luckily we found a place where we could use the internet. We were afraid that we wouldn't be able to. It was a little far though. Apparently the holiday is the national independence?

Anyway, today is transfer day, but we haven't heard anything yet. So if I'm transferred I'll have to let you know next week. I guess anything could happen, but I'm feeling that I'll either stay or I'm going to Maranhão, probably the city of Imperatriz. I've just felt it looming over me the past week or so that eventually I'm going to go over there. Who knows.

So this week, Elder Loureiro and I taught our finest lesson on the Restoration of the church on Saturday this past week. It was very good. I should be modest and humble and all, but seriously, this was a good one. We taught a part-member family where the members had gone inactive. We're trying to reactive the family and then unite the family so they can eventually go to the temple and be sealed for time and eternity! We both felt like we had accomplished what we needed to teach in the lesson, they understood everything very clearly. From here we will do our best to improve our teaching methods and follow-up with them. But then again, who knows if we'll still be companions when you read next week's email? Duh duh DUH! If we do stay together, we'll end up being companions for 6 months in total! Whoa! Oh the anticipation! ;)

My scripture study continues to be more meaningful day after day. I'm becoming more confident in the language and my abilities day after day. The things I'm learning will help me so much in my future. I'm really enjoying the food, and by enjoying, I mean really enjoying the food! The sisters of the ward love me, that's all I'm going to say :)

Things are great, fantastic even! I hope you all a wonderful week and a great Thanksgiving! I don't know if this week is Thanksgiving or not, so I'll just say Happy Thanksgiving and if it isn't this week I'll say it next week too! Two times can't hurt!

Love ya'll
Elder Rackham

No comments:

Post a Comment