Monday, January 24, 2011

Lucy! I'm Home!

So one thing I learned in this mission so far is that transfers happen when someone is transferred. That can happen at any time. Many missionaries think of this as an "emergency transfer" but it's not always like that. Sometimes a transfer just happens. Let's just say that a transferred ended up happening this past week. Let's just say that I ended up being transferred too. The assistants called me to let me know, and I was surprised when they told me where I was going, one, and two, who my new companion would be! I was transferred to Taquari. This probably rings a bell for several of you. That's because I served in Taquari for 3 weeks in the end of March to the beginning of April! And my companion, Elder Santos! I lived with Elder Santos in Parnaíba! And now we're companions.

I'm sad to leave Horto Florestal. I really liked the ward. It was a huuuuuuuge area, but it was good. I really grew to love the Horto Florestal ward. It has some amazing members who each have a unique story that's special and important. They're doing the best they can, and they're being blessed for it. I got to work side by side with a few specific members and create some close friendships. I want to come back and visit Teresina after my missiojn. I've spent several months in this city, and to me it's beautiful. It has trash in the gutters, unpaved roads, dead cats and dogs, thrown in piles of garbage in the backroads, but I think it's beautiful.

I was transfered on a Wednesday, and got here late Wednesday night. On thursday we got to work! It was nice to see the people that I got to know. Several of them at least remember that I already served in the ward! This Sunday at church, I got to see almost everyone that I knew. It was so weird but great at the same time.

Another weird moment was walking into the house we live in here in Taquari. When I was here there was only one companionship. There's two here now. There were a few things fixed and a few things changed, but the house is just as I remember it. I'm really excited to get to work. There are some great investigators that we're working with that I really enjoy, so I'll let you know how it goes.

Also I made brownies. They were delicious.

This afternoon we're going to the Institute building to spend some time with 6 other missionaries. Me and Elder Santos, Elder Magalhães and Elder Friden (they live with us), Elder Peixoto (my old companion) Elder Rodrigues (his new companion), and Elder Pereira and Elder Silva. It's going to be fun. Also, I got to know the institute coordinator, Irmão Murilo. I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to anyone in the ward because it happened so quickly, so it'll be nice to talk with him again.

Anyway, until next week!

Love,
Elder Rackham

No comments:

Post a Comment