Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Reflections

There were many moments this past week where I reflected on these past 18 months or so of my mission. I thought a lot about what I learned from all of my experiences. I have learned many things, in many moments on my mission, most of which are unforgettable. There are particular moments that have left undelible marks, and I realized that it was these moments in particular that I came to know Christ a little more.

I can talk about all the things I've learned, all the skills I've gained. But there are many more things I have to learn and have to improve on. When it comes down to it, the thing that is most important to learn and to know is Jesus Christ. By being a representative of Jesus Christ, I have literally acted as He would act, and said what He would say. I have been an arm of misery and love, reached out for God's lost children. Or rather, I have been the means for Christ, our Lord and Savior to heal the broken of heart, the low in spirits. I have been the means to feed the spiritually weak, and to give sight to the spiritually blind. I understand only a little of this responsability and this calling as His representative.

This is exactly what I learned from those undelible marks that have been imprinted on my soul. I know that I have a loving Heavenly Father. He knows me, and hears my prayers. When the doubts come, and they always do, I remember the moments where I felt His pure love embracing me and filling me with hope. I know that Jesus is the Christ. He was chosen to be the Redeemer of the world, since before this world existed. And He was chosen, to save me, who is prone to sin. Through Christ, we are given the means to return to our loving Heavenly Father.

In the end, this is what it comes down to, not how many scriptures I know, or how many people I baptized. What's important is that I delivered myself unto Christ, and came unto the knowledge that my Redeemer lives.

Love,
Elder Rackham

No comments:

Post a Comment