Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Illegal Alien!

So this P-day has been very interesting. We played basket this morning with 4 other Elders from our Zone, as well as Presidente Dias! The only problem was that we had to wake up at 5:15 to get there on time. The game started at 7 in the morning! And the bus we take from our area to the center of the city takes about an 1 because of traffic. We had to go with proselyting clothes on (shirt, tie, the whole deal) and then change into other clothes when we got there. So it took a little bit to get out the door. I'm wondering now if it was worth it, but I think it was!

After that we went looking for some souvenirs, and then I went to the Federal Police to get my official brazilian identity card! I've been using a paper they gave me that shows I'm here legally. After a few months, the official identity card (that shows I'm a foreigner with a visa) arrives in Teresina. So I went today to go get it, only to find out that I'm an illegal alien!

*dramatic music* duh, duh duh!

Well, what happened was that when my visa was renewed, something went wrong, and the system says it didn't. The only problem is that I have the paper that says I have a renewed visa. So the paper I have is right, the system is wrong, but it's just going to take a little while to get it sorted out. I have to go back tomorrow morning.

I was excited to get my brazilian identity card. Dangit! Oh well.

On another note, I encourage those who have not heard the song "Reflections of Christ" with the accompaning video, to look it up. It is a very emocional and powerful song that expresses the story of 3 Nephi in the Book of Mormon. It starts with the birth and death of Jesus Christ, then the destruction that happened in the Americas, and the Savior's subsequent personal ministry here in the Americas. It's simply beautiful!

Anyway, until next week!

Love,
Elder Rackham

No comments:

Post a Comment