Monday, March 14, 2011

Subway Eat Fresh!

So today I went to Subway here in Teresina for the first time! OH MY GOODNESS! It was like heaven in between two slices of angel wings and sunshine dust! And it was very cheap. It was only R$6,45 in reais so it was about 4 U.S. dollars. If you go once a week, and only get the 6 inch sub special they have, it's definitely an affordable luxury. My mouth was overcome by flavors I had forgotten that existed. It almost couldn't contain the pure beauty that is Subway and it's fresh ingredients. Maybe it was a clever mixture of two divine sauces (parmesean and chipotle), that sent me over the edge, but either way I was hooked from the first bite. If I haven't made it obviously clear by now how tasty Subway was, it was good.

Moving along, this week I was working in my area and in the other area right next to us. Elder Daniel and I were working together again this week. It was a little tough working in two areas (very tiring that is) but very satisfying, because we both worked very hard I felt. We really focused on families this week, something that President Dias is really pushing for. It's just so much better and easier when we fulfill our purpose (for those not familiar - Invite others to come unto Christ, by helping them to receive the restored gospel, through Faith in Jesus Christ and in His Atonement, Repentence, Baptism, Receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the End) through families. It's much easier for them to have that support. In fact we talked about this at a lunch we were having once with a member. Elder Daniel and I were about to split with two different members, so we could both work in our seperate areas that day. One of the members ate lunch with us. He mentioned that he's the only member in his family and he talked about the difficulties he has in being the only member. I sat and thought about that. If I really work to find the families that have been prepared by the Lord to hear the message of the Restoration, I'll be able to help more people receive the blessings of the gospel, but nost just more people, more families. In fact, families that will be able to prepare to go to the temple and make and keep sacred covenants, so that they can be an eternal family.

The Lord works in mysterious ways. I've now realized that my perspective in relation to families and their eternal potential was the groundwork for this change in attitude towards the work. Because of certain moments where I really sensed and felt that families have the ability to be together forever, that it's not "Till death do you part" (I've forgotten the exact words in English), then I wouldn't be able to have the focus on families. But because of this, and becuase of instruction through President Dias and several other missionaries, I've been able to elevate my thoughts and purposes so as to seek for and find complete families.

We found two very special families this week. We just started teaching them, but we're going to go back and work with them more this week. Well, time ran out!

I'll talk more about these families and their progress this week!

Love you all!
Elder Rackham

No comments:

Post a Comment