Monday, October 18, 2010

A good week in Horto Florestal!

As far as our investigators progressing, it wasn't amazing, but we had
a really cool experience.

When Elder Loureiro and I first got to Teresina, we went to go do a
Baptismal Interview of some other Elders. The interviews went fine,
but the next day, the baptism fell through. We never heard the
complete story but we remembered the people. It just so happens that
we did the interviews while we were in the Teresina Ward, and the
investigators we interviewed lived in Horto Florestal.

So now that we're in Horto Florestal, we remembered them and thought
about visiting them again trying to teach them again. We had
remembered this at the beginning of the week, and we were finally able
to find them near the end of the week. When we got there, the women
who was going to be baptized had actually left her home to go live
somewhere else for a few months, but she had just recently returned
home. She had returned home a little less then a week when we
contacted her! She was so glad to see us and was very receptive. It
will be exciting to see what will happen with her.

It wasn't a big feeling that we got when we felt we should try to
contact her again. And it was something we both felt. The Spirit
doesn't always speak to us with powerful feelings. In fact, all I
remember is just a thought that it would be a good idea to contact
Margaret again. I hope to stay in tune with the Spirit to have more
of these opportunties to really work -with- the Lord in His own work.
We can go out there day after day, with good intentions, but if I
don't follow the Spirit, I'm not working with the Lord. Sure I will
see blessings and success, I'm doing the Lord's work! But I won't
have the priviledge to really get to know my Father in Heaven like I
am enjoying right now.

Well, I hope everyone had a great week, and will have a wonderful next
week! I love you all!

Elder Rackham

No comments:

Post a Comment