Monday, August 30, 2010

Another Week has Come and Gone!

Once again, it's that time!

So this week was a good week. We had a specialized training to help implement this new curriculam that we have going on and it was very good. President Dias is amazing with trainings. I always feel uplifted and edified! We had a great little snippet on obedience that was very eye-opening and deep! The training is definitely helping. I'm starting to notice the change that is happening in our work and how it's improving.

The ward I work in is really cool! The sister of the ward that organizes our lunches is so good to us! We've been eating very well! These past two weeks however, I've had the opportunity to eat more fish than I have in my entire life! The first one wasn't too bad, and I ate it no problem. I didn't love it however. But, the last few have been so good! The name of the fish is Tambaqui and it's an Amazonian fish with teeth! TEETH! I'm glad I didn't have to do the fishing! Anyway, it tasted like chicken! I've eaten it a few times already. The only thing about fish is the bones. It's a little obnoxious having to pick out little bones and stuff. But it's quite delicious so that makes up for it.

There's a time during the year called B-R-O BRO which is the hottest time of the year in Teresina and the Northeast of Brazil. The hottest months of the year end in BRO in Portuguese so that's why it's called B-R-O BRO. Anyway, it's not uncommon to reach 47 degrees celsius which is who knows what in fahrenheit. I'll leave the mathamatics up to you! I'm preparing myself with sunscreen bathes in the morning. I'd rather not look like a beet for the rest of my life. That would be entirely undelicious. Beets don't taste good. But anyway, I'm excited for the future.

This morning, Elder Loureiro and I were prepping our day by drinking some Coke and eating Bombas (a type of pastery/meat thing here in Brazil) and I took pictures but I forgot the little card reader! I remembered my camera with the memory card and the cable! But not the card reader. Phooey! Well I guess this is just my way of leaving a cliffhanger! Hahahaha! Stay tuned until next week!

Love you all!
Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment