Monday, July 5, 2010

Another Week!

Dear Everyone!

I've probably mentioned it before but here in Brazil lunch is the
biggest meal of the day. Not dinner. And us missionaries always have
lunch with the members, every day except Monday since that's our
P-Day. But this week, we only ate lunch with the members twice,
because the other days fell through. I learned one thing from all
this: it's not a good thing to eat half a pan of brownies as lunch and
think nothing will happen.

I guess I should elaborate. Thursday our lunch fell through. I
didn't have a lot of food left. But I wasn't worried because the next
day we would be getting a bi-monthly allowance. And brownies sounded
really good at the time. Luckily my mom sent me a recipe and believe
it or not, Brazil has everything I need to make it! So luckily I had
all the ingredients on hand. I make it quick and easy like because
I've become quite the pro at making brownies from scratch if I say so
myself. And then I cut up half the brownies put them on a plate and
eat them! It was delicious to say the least. I can't deny that. And
I was totally fine until around... 4 PM that day. Then I was just
plain nauseous for the rest of the day. That's when I learned my
lesson. Don't do it, it's a trap!

It's been a frustrating week getting our investigators to church. We
have some really good investigators that are so great, but the time
comes to go to church and things start going downhill. We have these
two boys who are just so awesome, but this week we couldn't get them
to come to church. We're going to have to try different things I
guess.

So the pictures I've attached are long overdue. They're of Elder
Harmon, my trainer and first companion. I guess I had two first
companions actually, because there's a picture with Elder Cook! So
Elder Harmon is the one in most of the photos. The one with the third
missionary is Elder Cook. Elder Harmon finished his mission while I
was his companion. Elder Cook is about 8 months into his mission. So
he's out there still being awesome!

Well apparently this computer is choosing now to be obnoxious. There
may or may not be a picture of Elder Cook with Elder Harmon and I.
And there may or may not be a picture of Timon, my first area. It may
or may not be a picture of our street. And all that dust you may or
may not see, yeah that's a theme in Timon. It's everywhere. Not fun
to clean uor white shirts. But anyway, there are definitely pictures
of Elder Harmon and I!

I hope all is well with everyone, until next week!

Love,
Elder Rackham

No comments:

Post a Comment