Monday, June 6, 2011

Another good one!

So I got better. That's quite the blessing. It's definitely an experience I never want to go through again.

As far as news, Elder Yorgason is being transferred to São Luís. He's leaving Tuesday. My new companion will be Elder Everhart (something like that, I'll find out for sure on Tuesday as well). It's going to be sad to see Elder Yorgason go. I'm going to miss him! It was a very good (almost) 3 months together. It went by so fast! I blinked and it went by. We had such a great district. But the new district will still be a good one.

With it being the first Sunday of the month, it was fast and testimony meeting. Near the end, there was a space of time after all the members had gone and born testemony, so I decided to also bear mine. Lately, I've been studying and thinking more and more about what it means to take upon ourselves upon the name of Jesus Christ. And I felt that I need to come to know better my Savior.

With a few investigators, we've been focusing on the existence of God and Jesus Christ. That they're real, with bodies of flesh and bones. I've had strong experiences that have shown me that God exists. The natural desire we have to know who were are and where we came from is proof of this. Proof that God lives. It is not some evolutionary side-effect. To those that deny the existence of God, I testify that He is real. I know that he is real and that He exists because I have felt his great love for me, in a very unexpressable way, but nonetheless, I have felt it. All who truly desire to know if God exists or that we matter to him, can and will come to this knowledge.

However, I feel that my personal witness of Christ the Redeemer needs to grow. Yesterday we read an investigator a scripture: For if there be no Christ there be no God; and if there be no God weare not, for there could have been no creation. But there is a God, and he is Christ, and he cometh in the fulness of his own time. I pondered on this scripture and I began to understand that because God is, Jesus Christ is. Jesus Christ and His atonement is the focus of God's plan for all of us. Not just for a select group of people, those who believe and proress his name, but for ALL of His children. How can a perfect God create a plan that saves just a few of His children? That is why Jesus Christ is the rock of our salvation.

Job's words and conviction of the reality of Jesus Christ encapsulate what I wish to express, that "I know that my Redeemer lives!" That we all may be able to know that our Redeemer lives, on a personal level. That we all may be able to feel of Heavenly Father's love for us. That we all may be able to taste the sweetness of forgiveness, that only comes through the Atonement of Jesus Christ.

With love,
Elder Rackham

No comments:

Post a Comment