Monday, November 14, 2011

Another week!

Well, this week was filled of some very amazing moments! Elder Bednar came to our mission and talked to us, and then had a conference with all the members here in Teresina. Us missionaries who were here in Teresina were also able to see the meeting.

I learned some very great things about preaching the gospel. It was a very amazing conference us missionaries had with him. The entire mission was here in Teresina.

Because all the missionaries were here, the Elders who are in Açailândia now brought news to me about the family we baptized there. I had an amazing sensation as I heard from this family and the difference that I made in their lives. I'm nobody special, and I'm just a common missionary, but the Spirit of the Lord has changed their lives forever, and I'm very grateful to have been a part of it.

I can't really describe this sensation that I felt, but it was a profound happiness that made me feel the bond that I have with this family. Even though I'm seperated from this family by hundreds of miles (soon to be thousands) I felt close to them, feeling the same happiness that the restored gospel of Jesus Christ brings them, and knowing that I was a part of it strengthened this feeling, that much more!

Well, time is short as always, but this week it seemed to be that much shorter. Until next week!

Love,
Elder Rackham

No comments:

Post a Comment